Sometimes I’m too wordy by half.
Here’s a quick visual summary of how I take my clients from vision to practical next steps. It’s a one-on-one consultative process that often takes as little as an hour.
More details on this process are available here.
First Comes Vision
- Picture of the Future that you want to achieve
- Motivation that lights an enduring fire in your heart
- North Start that guides your future actions
Bridging the Possibility Gap
- But how do you get From Now to Your Vision?
- This often seems impossible.
Creating a Road Map
- Theory of Change is a series of causally-linked outcomes
- A Flexible Path that will change as you take action
- Seeing Your Vision as Possible is the outcome of mapping a theory of change
- Action is Short-Term, often planned in one-week cycles, which I coach you through using weekly check-in calls.
- Act, Reflect, Readjust, Repeat. Using this evidence-based process your path toward your vision is highly responsive to new information and adaptive to unforeseen outcomes.
- Don’t Stop. Refer back to your Road Map for confidence and Vision for motivation.
All Together Now
Here are all the steps together:
One Client’s Story
Her’s how one client benefited from this process:
Crystal Liston, a disabilities activist, envisions a future in which all candidates for public office spend a day with a disability. After an hour-long vision, strategy, and planning planning consultation and 2 hours of communication advising, she began reaching out to candidates. She received her first positive response from a Congressional candidate within 13 days of our first consultation.
Read more about Crystal’s vision and how she’s achieving it.
Ready to Begin?
Go ahead and email me at contact AT maryjoyce DOT com.
You can also learn more about my coaching method here.
I look forward to hearing from you!